Today should be a little warmer and drier than yesterday. No widespread heavy rainfall is expected until we get to Sunday and Monday, which I will talk more about. Highs should stay in the low 90s in most spots, if any rain occurs, it will most likely be in the form of an isolated shower or storm. It should also be less cloudy than yesterday. DFW Airport recorded a temperature of 77 degrees at 4:51 AM.
Friday and the Weekend - On Friday, a cold front will continue to progress from the north, which may bring a chance of scattered showers and storms, although I should mention that it will not be like yesterday. The best chance of one spot getting wet is in the 20% range. Saturday almost has the same forecast with a few scattered showers and storms with highs in the low 90s. This will not be a downpour. By Sunday, moisture values start to increase even more, as well as rain chances. This day should see more widespread rain than on any of the previous days with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s with clouds out at times.
Next Week - Monday may be another wet day with a 60 percent chance of one spot getting wet. Scattered to numerous showers and storms appear possible yet again with cloudy conditions through most of the day with highs in the upper 80s. Going forward by Tuesday, the best chance of getting wet will be in the 30-40 percent range all of next week. Expect highs in the upper 80s to low 90s with clouds definetly out at times. Glad to say that during the hottest part of summer.
See the Texas Weather Outlook Video for more details.
Tropical Talk - Tropical Depression Emily is no more; it dissipated to an open wave yesterday. However, there is something to watch near the African Coast, where both the GFS and the European depict a tropical system over the Atlantic Basin, making its way westward towards the Caribbean Sea. Of course, the timing of both models are in disagreement, but, the NHC gives this a 50% chance of becoming a tropical storm during the next five days.
Have a great day.